|Book your appointment today! 905-850-SPINE|
Click here to read Welcome Letter from our CEO.
Dr. Connie D’Astolfo is the clinical director and CEO of SPINEgroup and also a practicing chiropractor in Vaughan, researcher and health care consultant. She is one of a small handful of chiropractors in Canada completing her PhD and engaged in full time clinical practice. This dual expertise ensures you are receiving the most up to date and innovative treatment programs and options.
Dr. D’Astolfo has a special interest in rehabilitation and Spine Care and is currently competing her PhD research study on the Prevalence and Impact of Spine Pain Disorders in Ontario Seniors. Her post graduate training and expertise outside of clinical practice include program development and evaluation, healthcare policy and management.
Dr. D’Astolfo has recently been awarded Advanced Practitioner certification for Low Back Pain by ISAEC. This innovative program is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health. She is also newly certified by GLAD to provide specialized rehabilitation for knee and hip osteoarthritis. For several years Dr. D’Astolfo has been nominated by her peers as an “educationally influential (EI)” clinician for the Institute for Work & Health and participates in Knowledge Transfer related to Back Pain. Dr. D’Astolfo is trained and knowledgeable in rehabilitation and manual therapy techniques including but not limited to the following:
- Advanced Spinal and Extremity Manipulation
- ISEAC certified for Assessment and Management of Low Back Pain
- GLAD certified in Hip and Knee Osteoarthritis
- Flexion/Distraction and Joint Mobilization
- Spinal Decompression Therapy
- McKenzie Protocols for Lumbar, Thoracic and Cervical Spine
- The Ontario Ministry of Health’s ISAEC protocols for Low Back Pain
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT)
- Neural Mobilization Techniques
- Cranial Manipulation (CST)
- Physiotherapeutic’s including therapeutic ultrasound, low level laser, shockwave therapy, electrotherapy, hydrotherapy
- Myo-fascial Therapy, i.e Graston Techniques, Active Release (ART)
- Dietary, Homeopathic and Supplementation Counselling
- Lifestyle Counselling
- Postural Training
- Medical Acupuncture
- Scoliosis Rehabilitation
- Spinal Rehabilitation
- Yoga and Pilates for Spine
SPINEgroup® is a healthcare services company dedicated to providing an integrated approach to clinical care, in particular spine care as well as to health management and consulting to the healthcare sector. Our core values can be best depicted through our acronym “S.P.I.N.E.” or Strategy, Performance, Innovation, Network and Evidence.
Our clinical programs combine rehabilitation with a focus on chronic disease prevention and management. This model is specifically effective for spinal injuries and disorders due to the challenge with diagnosis and management and its multi-factorial nature. Advanced technology, informatics, EMRs, case management and best practices are centre of our service delivery. We are committed to providing quality service and helping you achieve the best outcomes.
Our Clinical Director and Nurse Case Manager play a vital role in communicating each patient’s progress to their Family Doctor, and when indicated, their employer, insurer or legal counsel.
If you are looking for a health clinic that provides the optimal care that you deserve, our doors are open to you. In 2015, SPINEgroup® became a 3 time TOP CHOICE AWARD winner for Top Rehabilitation Clinic in Vaughan.
Our staff and clinicians are fluent in: English, Italian, Spanish, Hindi and other languages.
Click for our Mission Statement